How Do We Ship Your Material?
The majority of our shipments are sent via Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) freight service. LTL shipments typically weigh between 150 and 10,000 lbs. Less than truckload carriers collect freight from various shippers and consolidate that freight onto enclosed trailers for line haul to the delivering terminal or to a hub terminal where the freight will be further sorted and consolidated for additional line hauls. In most cases, drivers make deliveries first and then begin making pickups once the trailer has been emptied. That is why most pickups are made in the afternoon and most deliveries are performed in the morning.
- Most orders arrive 1-4 weeks after the date of purchase.
- NEVER refuse a shipment.
- Inspect the material thoroughly.
- May incur additional charges when ordering from multiple manufacturers.
- Receive and inspect material before scheduling installation.
We use a variety of LTL carriers throughout the US. All carriers that we use have a website that provides contact information for customer service and has the ability to track shipments. For small orders items may be shipped through a ground service (i.e. FedEx or UPS).
- We have a minimum shipping charge of $89 for all orders, unless it is moldings, samples or small items that be sent ground.
- Shipping charges are based on three things
- Delivery Location
- Order Weight
- Delivery Type: Business or Residential
- We recommend receiving and inspecting all material prior to scheduling installation with an installer or contractor.
- It is standard practice to replace any noted (on Bill of Lading) damaged, missing, or incorrectly shipped products. We expedite replacements to the best of our ability but we will not be liable for any losses incurred due to project delays.
- Residential Delivery
- A location that does not have a loading dock
- Carries an additional $65 fee
- Trucking carriers impose additional shipping costs to residential addresses because they have to switch to a smaller truck due to not being able to use 18 wheelers to deliver to limited access areas.
- All orders are curbside delivery; when a lift gate is not provided it is the responsibility of the customer to unload the material.
- Drivers are unable to enter your home. Customers are responsible for moving all materials inside the home, so please plan accordingly
- Does not always include a lift gate (usually $75 - $150 charge) - call for more information
- Business Delivery
- Any non-residential area (commercial zone)
- Must have a loading dock on site, or ability to remove materials
- Must be open until 5:00 PM local time
- Terminal pickup (Once a shipping carrier is determined, we will alert you with instructions for local terminal pickup)
- NEVER refuse a delivery. Refused shipments are subject to additional shipping costs and restocking fees. Any damages from refused deliveries are non-refundable, and because it was refused, would not be noted. We are not responsible for any costs associated with a refused delivery.
- Inspect the material THOROUGHLY. Customers are responsible for noting on the delivery receipt any damaged or missing items.
- Check your invoice or your order confirmation to verify that you have received the proper quantity of materials. If you believe that there are missing materials that were not shipped, please make sure you note those items.
- The driver cannot leave until the customer signs the receipt so please BE THOROUGH.
- You the customer are allotted a "reasonable" amount of time to inspect the delivery.
- If damage is not noted on the receipt, Ecomoso.com cannot be held responsible for any damaged or missing items.
- Ecomoso.com cannot be held responsible for any carrier who fails to meet their scheduled delivery appointment time. Any losses must be filed directly with the carrier.
- Our logistics department will first send you an 'Estimated Ship Date' email alerting you of when to expect your order to ship from our location.
- An 'Order Tracking' email is then sent the day after the shipment is picked up which will include the carrier, tracking number, customer service number and an estimated arrival date.
- The carrier will contact you when the material arrives at the local terminal to set up a delivery time. However, we encourage you to contact the carrier as soon as your receive the 'Order Tracking' email and schedule a convenient delivery time.
- In detail on the receipt, mark the items that are damaged or missing and ask the driver to sign it.
- Notify us of the claim within 3 business days from the date of delivery.
- Once claim is approved the damaged or missing items noted on the receipt will be reordered and shipped as quickly as possible. Note: It usually takes 5-10 business days to approve a claim.
- Keep all material, including paperwork and boxes. Once reported, the damaged material is the property of the carrier, by law, and they have 120 days to decide if they wish to inspect, pick up or advise to discard the damaged material.
- Take pictures of the damaged items and boxes, send via email to the Concerns Department.
- If damaged or missing items are not noted on the receipt, Ecomoso.com cannot be held responsible for any damaged or missing items. If the receipt is not marked, the only manner to file a claim is through the carrier.
- If an item is shipped through a ground service (i.e. FedEx or UPS) customers will not always have the opportunity to inspect the items before they are dropped off. If damages occur to any packages please adhere to the following:
- Contact Ecomoso.com within 2 business days of delivery.
- We are unable to handle claims submitted 5 days after delivery.
- Handle the items as little as possible and leave material in their original boxes.
- Take pictures of the boxes.
- Wait for a representative to come and inspect the items.
Rush Service is available at customer's request (there is a $25 charge for this service). Our expediting service guarantees that shipment is in transit within 48 business hours. There is a $125 charge for this service.
Here at Ecomoso.com – we want you to be extremely satisfied with your flooring purchase. If you are not satisfied we will allow you to return your purchase. To return:
- Contact our customer service department at (866) 932-3266 and let them know you would like to return your floor.
- Customer service will issue a RA (return authorization). Material without a RA will be refused and you will be responsible for all shipping charges and the restock fee.
- Once RA is issued, you will have to follow the exact guidelines the manufacturer has set forth for return.
- You will schedule (or have customer service do this) an appointment for the material to be picked up and returned.
- When the manufacturer received, inspects and issues refund, we will in turn refund you.
You will be responsible for all costs for shipping materials back. We can issue BOL for return but you will have to pay for that up front also. You will have to re-pallet your freight in the manner it arrived so a carrier can come back to pick up. .
The manufacturer charges a 30% restock fee for all returned material. Material must be returned in original packaging and be in resalable condition. Any material that has been installed, or altered in any way may not be returned.
The return process could take 3-14 business days. Some manufacturers have a quick turnaround, some are slower. We have no way to control the speed at which they process your return.